Wednesday, February 4, 2015

It's National Signing Day!

Yippee.

I'll confess that, even as a football junkie, 'guru', fanatic, whatever, the process of recruiting and signing 17 and 18 year old boys to letters of intent to attend and perform athletically at the university of their choice holds little or no interest for me.

I don't know these youngsters.

I have no insight into any of the specifics of any school's recruiting process.

I have heard the horror stories.

And I'm a very PollyAnna-ish person when it comes to football in particular. I'm intentionally and blatantly naive about the underbelly of college football because I know that if I weren't, I'd have turned it off my radar long ago. There are members of the fifth estate who spend enough time digging for the dirt on these situations, and I have faith that they will uncover anything particularly egregious. 

But more than anything, I just don't have any interest in what goes on off the field. When those kids get to game number one and they're on the field, then I'll talk about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment